Saturday, April 11, 2009

{letter from Brian}

Hey everyone,
So, transfers is next week and it is guessing time once again. It seems as though these times come all too fast. So, what is happening to Elder Bowler?
This week has been one of joy and pain. I have found that some of life's greatest joys can also become life's greatest pains at times. The Lord is still with me so I have no reason to fear. I love what He has done for me and all the love that comes from his open arms. Remember that even though you may find that someone you love and care about hurts you, they still bring some of life's most exquisite joy. This not only has reference to Gina and her family but also my companion. Whether or not my companion understands or not is up in the air but sometimes they don't realize that it hurts, the things they do.
First off, This week Gina, the wonderful women that she is showed her lack of self-confidence and self-reliance when she said that she wanted to do something and then didn't keep her promise. She had promised us she would come to church and that if we came in the mornings she would pray with us. I was hurt when we went over their the first morning and everyone else was only making excuses for her and wouldn't try to get her up. The reason I didn't was because she wasn't dressed properly, if you know what I mean. Yes it was hard but as I prayed about it I have come to understand how I can make a new approach to helping her to get herself propelled into doing things on her own. I've been able to help her see how this is important and now I just need to light it under her.
Then on Sunday, Isaiah decided that he didn't want to go to church and refused to put church clothes on. O, if I were his father he would have been dressed in five minutes but I wanted to teach him about agency and how each choice has a consequence. and therefore allowed him to make a mistake.
And my companion... how new he is. He just doesn't understand all that he needs to yet and I will continue to teach him as much as I can. We still get along as best friends but there are things that we do talk about that could be changed and better.
The work is going well in Boardman. We are teaching the three young women that I have talked about this Thursday and I am excited about that. My companion finally feels that he will be teaching as a missionary. I've told him many times that he is still teaching even if it is not a full planned out lesson. As he gets further along in his mission he will understand that aspect of missionary work. I will keep you updated on the happenings of the missionary work in Boardman.
I am doing well. I love the work so completely and I will continue loving it till I pass from this life. I am continuing in the faith I have in Jesus Christ and will trust in him forever. I LOVE YOU ALL so very much, remember John 14:26. Remember the theme for 2009 1 Timothy 4: 12 and 'Be thou an example of the believers'!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: