Saturday, April 11, 2009

{letter from Brian}

Hey everyone,
It has been quite a different week for sure but none the less a wonderful week. I was able to express concern and love to my companion and he took it very well. I was concerned about some of the things that he would say, because, excepting me, he puts up a front to everyone he meets and doesn't always tell the entire truth. He had expressed that he wanted to become like me where I don't tell people tall tales to have them like me. I've honestly never understood why people do that but I just explained to him that I was concerned about that.
We also have been trying to find a time to teach those three young women, yes more girls I teach, that I briefly talked about last week. We gave a blessing to the oldest one last Tuesday because she goes in for knee surgery today and we hope all goes well.
We taught Ruth on Wednesday and it seems as though she has a half baked desire to actually get baptized but we are still trying to get that fully baked. We are meeting with her tomorrow.
So an amazing thing happened yesterday, Gina, her husband Robert both came to church! It was such a wonderful surprise to hear that they were both coming. It was exciting to see them coming together. Marcalina and Isaiah also came like always. They all plan to come next week.
I have been growing by leaps and bounds this week in remembering what trust I have in the Lord. I have learned so much by the Spirit and it has given me so much more of a stretching knowledge of his love for us. I will tell you about some of my scripture adventures seeing as my time is being cut short today.
I think that it would be absolutely wonderful to do Utah temple visits! I Love you all very much and may the Lord bless and keep you. Remember John 14:26.
LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: