Friday, March 13, 2009

{Letter from Brian}

Hey everyone,
We were able to go to the temple today in Tri-cities and we had a wonderful time. I learned some very interesting truths from the Spirit during my session which I cannot tell at this time. Just know that it was a wonderful time and that the temple is a most holy place where the Spirit of the Lord can truly abide at ALL times.
We had a really good Zone Conference last week and we just had things reiterated of what we've learned in past zone conferences. It was such a wonderful experience to be able t talk with President Belnap and be trained by him.
Also my companion and I had interviews with president last week. That was really good because I was feeling overwhelmed by training and as I talked with him he told me simply that I don't need to be perfect in order to train I just need to love my 'greenie' and the people I serve. I have felt so much better about training since then and I am absolutely loving it!
Elder Ord is such a great young man and is so much like I was when I first got into the mission field except that he runs his mouth more than I ever did (not in a rude way). It is so funny because we talk and talk and seem to get so much done. We get along so well and the longer that I am with him the more I love the guy. I can say that the longer he is with me the more he loves me. So it works out so well for the two of us.
The Linseys are members of the Boardman Ward and are a great family. They love missionaries and enjoy talking with us and getting to know us.
The work is slow but we are persevering with all enthusiasm behind us and we do much tracting and visiting less-active members. It is absolutely wonderful to be able to do what we do as missionaries.
I hate to cut this short but I don't have much time to writ this week because we are still in Tri-cities and I only have an hour to e-mail but I love you all and remember John 14:27.

LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: