Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Letter from Brian

Well,

It sounds like you all have had a busy week and that life is truly working itself out. I'm glad all is going well and that the Lord has really shown you how much he really cares. And if I forgot to say it last time CONGRATULATIONS CORY AND SHAY!

I know that the Lord has truly blessed my life this week but it isn't to say that it was a good week. For the most part it was a great week but I've understood that not everything good comes from great weeks. I have done some real hard labor this week at the Poe family farm. We fell three trees and bucked them up so that the Poes could use it for fire wood. It was definitely wonderful top see how happy they were when we showed up to help and were so willing to do so. I have slept nicely since because I was just so tired after that labor of love.

We also had zone conference this week and had a really good training about keeping our goals conceivable, achievable and measurable. Our mission president really does love us and tries to do what he feels inspired to do. Sister Belnap gave an amazing training on what true joy is and how we can feel true joy, not just pleasure. And then there was Gina... who has decided to throw everything away because life is getting tough. You know the old saying, 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going' it is a real and true statement. Only the tough will press through their trials and keep their faith in the Lord. I understand that things are difficult for her because she has not fully let go of things that don't matter and that keep her wrapped in chains but we tried to help her see the blessings in continuing in the faith of the Lord. She used some choice words and blamed the Church for her problems and told me that she was NEVER going to church again. When I heard her say that my heart broke into a million pieces and I just felt the Spirit tell me not to say anything to her because she has hardened her heart to the Lord and we sat in silence for about a minute. I learned at that point that I commit to the Lord that I will NOT forsake him when the going gets tough and I felt the Spirit rush through me and tell me that I truly am the tough that get going. I don't want to sound like I am full of myself but that is what the Spirit said to me.

It was hard to see her do that but you know that won't get me down and it has given more of a resolve to press forward so I thank her for showing me what I don't want in life. I still will not give up on her though.

As for my companion, all he talks about is going home and how wonderful it will be and so on but I just tell him that I have plenty of time that I don't need to worry about it. I just show that the Lord is with me in all things and I know that he will carry me through this trial with flying colors as they say. The sisters in my zone think that he was sent to me so that I could humble him. I think that was funny because I've heard that said time and time again just not that straight forward. I love my companion and will continue to until the day he leaves.

I think that is all the news I have for this week but I love you all and remember John 14:27.
LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: