Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Letter from Brian

Hey everyone,
Well, it sounds like things are a hustlin and a bustlin around the house with such great events coming up. I am excited for Cory and Shay and the wedding and that everything is looking so up. it is one of the great and wonderful things that happen in life.
Elder Jackson is from Idaho Falls, Idaho. All was okay until day two and now all he does is complain about how "sucky" (I dislike that word, but he uses it) the area is and how he just wants to go home and so on. He is willing to work but he doesn't even care anymore. I try to keep him afloat with being upbeat and positive about the area and that we will find people to teach. We search everyday to find people to teach and we visit those who the ward has asked us to visit.
It is really hard when you have a really trunky companion who has made it his goal to make me trunky but I told him that will be a goal he will not achieve. He is a nice guy but he has just lost his direction of what he really needs to do at this point in time. I know that Chad knows how that is like and he can tell you how hard it is. I will continue to be steadfast and immovable in the faith and obedience to show him that there is still hope.
We have visited many new people this week and it is so awesome that there are so many wonderful people out in the world. The only problem is that they have lost their direction in life and we will continue to help them find their direction.
We have been working with Gina so much this week. On Saturday I had made her promise me that she was going to come to church on Sunday. When we went to wake her up she wasn't going to come and I told her that she had promised me and that I was going to help her keep that promise. Well her daughter Marcelina came to sacrament meeting and stayed for all three. Then we went to go get Gina again after and she had fallen back asleep and so we woke her up and I told her that she was going to come the way she is right now and she said, "Are you serious Bowler?" and told her I was because she had promised me and so she got up and was getting ready and said that she would meet us there and we brought Isaiah, her son, to primary the second hour. Well, then we went outside to see if her vehicle was there and behold it was there so we went to the RS room and she was sitting there. We went and talked to her and she was saying that before she came to church she was so mad at me because I got her up but then she realized that I was only doing because I cared about her that much. She then told me that she was so happy that I was so willing to continually come and get her up and not give up on her. She told me that means so much to her to know that I wouldn't want to give up on her. And to put the cherry on top of the day she went to a fireside at the stake center in Hermiston for people who struggle with depression. It was so awesome to see that she appreciates my persistence.
Transfers went well this week and I was so glad that president is such an inspired man. I know that he loves and cares about us because we try so hard to follow his direction that he gets from the Lord. I love that man and hope that the Lord continues to give him the strength to be the inspired mission president that he is.
Mom, could you specifically tell ALL my siblings that I love them and also tell DAD that. I love you too. I love everyone else as well and I hope that this is a productive week full of fun and joy for you and remember John 14:27.
LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: