Tuesday, September 30, 2008

{letter from Brian}

Hi everyone,
It has been such an interesting week, we had zone conference (which took us an hour and a half to get to), stake conference for the Walla Walla Stake and a handful of missionary work. We are trying to find people to teach everyday and boy, this area has very low income people. They are amazing but someone is always in some kind of bind. We are still just working our tails off though.
I must say that the weather here is absolutely wonderful because it reminds me of Utah. It rained on saturday but other than that it has just been chilly, which means fall is coming! I am so excited because fall is my favorite time of the year.
Milton-Freewater at one point was two different towns in the middle of nowhere but they eventually grew into each other and couldn't decide whether to call it Milton or Freewater so they agreed on Milton-Freewater.
I am so excited to be able to be here on my mission but it is going entirely to fast. I am trying to soak in every moment that I can but some days just seem to slip away from me. I am working as hard as I can, most days, to become the missionary the Lord wants me to be. I will admit there are days that I don't think that I can stand one more day doing this but then I think of what Christ did for me and it renews my energy to move forward with faith and to pursue my goals I have for the mission.
I love you all very much and I miss you all like crazy but you know the reality is that it is only a short while that I will be gone before I am back again, besides "who needs time? We've got eternity!!!!" Press forward with faith and rely on the Lord when the storms of life beat upon you, He will cover you so that you can stand strong and go forth.
Mom, you asked how the companionship was going. Well, we had a nice discussion about things and he said that he would work on those things that don't show forth faith in others and that retract the feeling of the Spirit. It is so wonderful when you can talk to someone and they are willing to listen and help you to be better.
I am doing some really amazing studies that have helped me to become more than I was a year ago. I want to let you know that I have changed quite a bit and that I probably will be the "boy" that everyone has truly been looking for. I also know that dad will like the person that I am becoming, a hard-working, gospel-loving, son of God and a worthy priesthood holder.
I love you all and Remember john 14:26 and don't worry the Lord is watching over me.

LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY, ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: