Sunday, June 29, 2008

A very "Well-Pleased" mother...

On June 4th Sydney, Sharon Montgomery, and Danny Sorensen were recognized. Danny for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout, Syd and Sharon for earning their Young Womanhood Recognition. It's been over four years since any YW has earned this medallion in our ward. It is a goal-setting program called Young Women Personal Progress I know it is true!!!



Sydney's words: Earning my YW award was a blessing and has strengthened my testimony, and it has helped me so much in preparing for my future to become a wife and a mother one day. I'm so thankful for the YW's program and how it has helped me, but I am also really sad to be out of YW's.

I really, really (double really), believe that Syd and I working together towards this goal has "...Strengthened home and family..." She did the work, I encouraged (sometimes pushed). She is well on her way to her Happily Ever After!!!(Dear moms, do this as a family, don't leave it all up to the YW leaders, we all want and need to "...S.H. and F". Y kath).

7 friends had something to say:

Rowdy Family said...

congrat's syd.
did you know that hunting, and then cleaning the animal is part of the yw excellence award here in wyoming

heart nan said...

HaHaHa
I think that goes for the "amazon" young womans program

<3 Sydney/Sissy/Squid

Letti said...

Congratulation Syd. I remember when I got mine I was the only one that had gottn it in a while too. I still have mine but it is in gold.

Amelia said...

Congrats Syd! Hey, I don't want you to be out of the YWs program either!! :( I can't believe you're 18!!! ahh!!

Jill said...

All I have to say is HHHEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOO Danny Sorenson. Syd ... is that the guy that you are going to marry?
Oh and double congratulations to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Syd!

lynda said...

You are such a good example to my three little young women! Love ya