Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Right on Target

CAUTION: This is a messy story. I in no way mean to taint the blog, but also feel like I need a little sisterly support.
I was truly mortified, as a mother, for the first time last Wednesday. Rowdy and I were in Target alone. I had just placed the last item in out cart. Rowdy was sitting calmly in the cart with his legs hanging out the little leg things. I thanked Rowdy for being such a nice shopper that day, when I realized his shorts were a little damp. at that very moment I heard a toot and a splash! YUCK-O!!! I looked down and he had not only had a blow out that had splashed all over the floor, but out cart had been "leaking" for quite a while!!! EEEWwww. I was seriously caught like a deer in headlights. I was thankful Rowdy didn't cry as I draped him over my arm as far away from me as possible and ran. and I am ashamed of it but I ditched my cart. But I did tell one of the Target employees who was nice and said not to worry she had three kids (but that was before she saw the cart and the mess!!) EEEEwwww eww ewww!!!!! has anyone else had a mortifying moment?

3 friends had something to say:

Letti said...

Oh poor Celeste. I would have been so embarrassed too. I probably would have done the same thing. I have had blow outs with the kids but I don't think they were ever in a public place. I am going to have to think about this though. I am sure I have a Kaidee story that I can't think of.

Amelia said...

When Carys, Tad and I went to Washington D.C. a few years ago Carys peed all over Tad's shirt!! We were already in the airplane and so our clothes were under the plane in our luggage. Luckily, I had bought a women's size small shirt that said "washington D.C." from the airport store....so Tad had to squeeze hiself into that shirt the whole way home...quite a sight!! haha

Beki said...

Cael has had so many blowouts. I don't think they ever happened in a store. It will be a funny story to share with him as he gets older.