Saturday, November 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Chase






Happy Birthday Chase! I hope you have a great birthday. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I still can't believe that you are 12 years old.

***I remember coming home from work and seeing you with your head shaved. I was so upset. Your uncles called me to ask if they could shave your head and I told them no. But they didn't listen to me. I was very mad.
***When you were three you started playing soccer. You were the youngest and the smallest on the team. Your shorts came down to your ankles.
***I love how sensitive you are. You don't like it when people are mean to other people. You don't like to see people hurt or upset. I love this side of you. You have a special bond with the grandma's in our ward (Sis. Hubbs and Sis. Cook) You always give them hugs when you see them and if they are sitting alone you always go and sit with them so that they are not alone.
***I remember your uncles and their friends calling me to see if they could take you shopping. I think that they got a lot of attention from the girls when you were with them. I know that this is why you don't like to shop now.
***I remember you being in the room with me when Cole was born. You were so worried about me and you didn't like to see me in pain. But after Cole was born you were so happy.
***I love watching you play sports. You are so good at everything you do. I love hearing other people tell me how good you are. I am always excited to go to your games and cheer you on.
***When you were younger I was at work and Nan called and told me to come home because you had been bit by a dog. I was shocked to see how much blood their was when I saw you. You ended up being fine and you didn't even need stiches. They just glued it together and you were fine. I love the outcome of that dog bite you get so many comments on your double dimples.
***You are such a good big brother. I like to watch you play army men with your sisters and brothers.
***When you were little you would always cry if we went on the freeway. You thought that if we went on the freeway that it meant we would be driving for a long time. Kaidee is now doing the same thing.
***You love your Dad. You can't wait for him to come home and play with you. You and Garrett love playing wiffle ball in the front yard, army men, catch, and basketball.
***I remember your first year playing basketball. You were so small and people enjoyed watching you play. You were able to play without letting your heighth bother you. I loved watching you shoot your three pointers.
***I am so glad to have you as my son. You make me proud in everything you do. I can't wait to see what the next 12 years bring. I love you Chase.

1 friends had something to say:

Nana Jill said...

Letti, that is a really sweet tribute to your son! The next 12 years will be great also! I can't believe that he is 12 already.