Thursday, April 23, 2009

{letter from Brian}

Hey everyone,
This week has been one of more of a slow feeling to it only because the week of transfers is always a feeling of slow crawling attitude. It was an excellent week, don't get me wrong, it was just a turtle of a week!
All I really have to say about Gina is that she is slowly moving forward seeing that it is her and her alone that can make the difference and she thanks me and my companion much for bringing that to her realization.
The three girls, Kendra, Cydnee, and Lynzee are progressing quite well, they attended church and are excited about having lessons to be baptized. We've been working hard to make sure that they realize they need to do this on their own and NOT for anyone else. I believe they understand how important it is for them to find their own testimonies and to be strong on their own. My companion thinks otherwise and that they are just doing because they think I'm cute. That is always my companion's contraction when he doesn't seem to believe why people join the church. O well, life moves forward. This week we will be teaching them the Plan of Salvation and the Ten Commandments. WE will see how the teaching goes.
Mom, I know what you are saying about leading by example and I try. I try to be the example and see if they get it that way but sometimes I feel that I should talk to them about it and help us both to feel better. I will continue to try to be the example to my companions and do what I can for them by service.
I have a strong feeling that I am going to be leaving Boardman next transfer and on to another part, probably Tri-cities, of the mission and finish out in that area. I say that only because after this transfer I will only have 4 transfers left and President probably won't want to move me anywhere else but you still don't know. Despite that I will continue to do my best in Boardman and leave the area looking better than when I found it (I haven't completely forgot about what they taught me in scouts.)
WE were able to go to the temple today and it was a bitter sweet experience that made me feel all the more thankful for my most wonderful blessings. The Lord reminded me that my time is coming to a close and that I just need to continue to put my best foot forward. He also let me know that he will remain with me as long as I continue to remain faithful to him. Don't worry I'm not becoming trunky and won't until the tuesday before I return home!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to CHAD, BERNADETTE, and KAITLYN tomorrow!!!!
I can't really think of anything else to say except that things are going great and I can't wait for a month to be able to talk to the family. I LOVE each and everyone of you and I hope to hear from you soon.
LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: