Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You will CRACK up....

Saturday Rob picked all the lemons off the tree. Together we washed, halved and juiced them. We got two gallons of juice. I measured out two cups of juice and poured it into 16 freezer baggies.

To make lemonade:
1 baggie of lemon juice
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 gallon water and ice

Simple and yummy!!! You would think....

... I sat at the computer as Rob and Darian were preparing to eat dinner (the rest of us ate right after church). Here's their conversation:

Rob: "I'll get the drink, oh they only left us crumbs." (just a little bit of lemonade in the pitcher).
Darian: "Is there any more?"
R: "Yeah, we have a bunch, I'll make it."

Rob opened one baggie into pitcher, added sugar and water and put it on the table.

D: "This tastes just like sugar water."
R: "I know, you've got to stir it more."
D: "It still tastes funny."
R: "It's still frozen in the bottom, let me stir it."
D: takes another taste, "Somethings not right, is it old?"
R: "Kath is it old?"
Now Rob pours some in his big cup full of ice, takes a big swig and SPITS it out into the sink.
R: "kath somethings wrong with this lemon, it's bad."
D: "I know, it's old or something, it's got stuff floating around in the bottom."
Me: "Rob, where did you get the baggie from?"
R: "The freezer, right where you put it."
I got up, looked in the freezer, pointed to the second shelf and asked, "Is this where you got it from?"
R: "Yes"
Me: "Rob you used the frozen chicken broth!!!!"

Chickenade!!??

I could not stop laughing, I'm still laughing about it. You know that if it would have been one of you that did that, he would be on the phone calling all your siblings to tell them.

Rob and Darian poured out all the chickenade.

Me: "Would you like me to make some lemonade for you?"
R: "No, I'm having water."

6 friends had something to say:

Letti said...

Mom that is so funny too bad I was sleeping. I wish I would have overheard them. I was laughing the whole time I read this.

Rowdy Family said...

haa haa! Thats one for the books. I am glad you were within earshot.

Jill said...

I am STILL laughing ... outloud. That is so funny! I have a similar recipe that I LOVE. 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, 1 package of crystal light lemonaide, mix into double pitcher full of water. SO GOOD>

Beki said...

That was so funny. I could only imagine how gross that tasted. This will be a fun story to tell over and over again.

lynda said...

I am so cracking up right now! Thanks for catching Dad in a funny story!

Nana Jill said...

FINALLY! Chad has some payback for Uncle Rob!! I can't wait to tell him! Bernadette and I are rolling on the floor laughing. Thanks for sharing, Kath!