Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Letter From Brian

Hi Everyone,

Well, it has been a really nice week this week. We have had some great lessons, some baptismal dates and interviews with the mission president.

We had great interviews with the mission president and I feel that him and I had a really good talk about my companion and that even though he really doesn't care to be a missionary anymore, that I should just keep helping him trudge along until the very end. He felt that I have been doing a very good job at becoming a missionary and friend to most of my companions. I feel pretty good about that.

Well, unfortunately my companion continues to get more and more trunky as each day goes by and well, that's life but I love the guy anyway.

We have Marcalina and Isaiah on date to be baptized on the 21st of February! We are really excited for them making such a great step in their lives and feel that they are trying their best to come close to God and are really understanding the importance of the gospel. Although Isaiah will be a child of record baptism we are still teaching him so that he is not behind the other kids in his knowledge of the gospel.

I've been thinking so much lately about well, a myriad of things that would affect things in my life if I didn't learn that I could lean on the Lord for help with things. I know for a plain and simple fact that I wouldn't be on a mission right now if I didn't feel that I could lean on the Lord. I just continue to reflect on my life when I have moments to think and ponder. I actually get that much because my companion and I really don't talk to much because we don't have much to talk about. It's not a bad thing it is just we don't. We get along well and just live life as if we were friends that just happen to be working together.

Honestly I cannot tell you all the things that I've been pondering lately because they are personal and not everyone needs to know about them, not to say I don't trust you all but, they are personal things that I want to fully understand before I let others know.

I love the Lord so very much and I hope that all who read my letters can feel my love for the Lord. I hope that things continue to do well despite minor setbacks. I LOVE YOU ALL, and remember John 14:27.

LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: