Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Graduation Gift...

This gift to Sydney was a long time in the making...
The "t-shirt" blocks were saved from her High School years. They represent a lot of who/what she is. I chose blocks (can you find them?) that show her talent, her athleticism, her service, her leadership, her goodness, her testimony building times, her very fun side, her handiwork (she stitched her b-day scripture), and even her favorite fashions!!!

There are soccer and softball all-star shirts, a powder-puff football shirt, her "favorite number" shirt, a cross-country shirt, a P.E. shirt, an ASB shirt, some YW's camp shirts, some EFY shirts, a (CM)2 shirt (clean mind/clean mouth), a shirt from her friend's Eagle service project, her school's football champions shirt, a Y-note shirt, her favorite jeans (thanks Tiff), a square from the prom dress she designed, and a favorite Hollister shirt (I picked and cut this shirt last because it was one she still loved and wore)!!!

This was so fun to present to her! We gave it to her at the open house after her graduation ceremony. She found other gifts in the pocket of her 'jeans.'

Thanks to all who helped with this labor of love!

Now, don't wait to start saving those special t-shirts of your childrens'.

7 friends had something to say:

Sydney said...

Thanks Mom so much for making this for me i'm so happy you did and i love it, and i'm glad i'll be able to have it forever and i'll always have my favorite high school memories with me!!!

Letti said...

Mom I am so glad that you posted this memory. I really loved watching it all come together. What a treasure you have made Sydney.

Amelia said...

It's such a great gift! I love it...and Nan I'll be saving clothes, but since I don't know how to sew...I'll need a favor in 14 years!! :)

Rowdy Family said...

good job mom. i was planning sort of the same thing with celeste's lingerie for our 50th anniversary

Rowdy Family said...

eeewwwwww Cody! You are so embarassing!

It came out rad Nan

Anonymous said...

It turned out so nice Kath. Syd did you find my note?

lynda said...

That is such a special gift! So cool Mom!