Sunday, January 20, 2008

Letti - I didn't know how to answer you on a comment so here you go...



I saw online an example done this way and I thought it was great so I copied because I liked the organized baggies as well. So each person has 3 bags, one for each day. On the outside I wrote the menu for the day. For example: Breakfast - cereal ( i got individual ones from Target that already come in a little bowl and I let the girls pick out what they wanted - we did this for two days) with milk (dried and I know that sounds gross but it is not bad over cereal). Lunch - jerky, granola bar, fruit cup, nuts and a juice box. Dinner - soup (canned and I let everyone pick out what they wanted - make sure it is one that you could eat cold if you had to) crackers and a juice box. Dessert - oatmeal cookie. Snacks - Fruit leather and hard candy.

We are going to eat the 72 hour kits for confrence weekends so they get rotated and so we can change tastes and also learn what is enough or not enough or what is gross or whatever.

The thing that helped me so much was someone was talking about when we would need our 72 hour kits and they said it would most likely be in a situation where you were evacuated and relocated to a shelter (like with the fires). For some reason that helped me while packing my stuff - I always before pictured being in the woods and it being really scary and hard, which also could happen but the shelter thought helped.

Some other ideas where pudding snacks, canned cheese and easy cheese, ummmm we did canned chicken one night with those individual mayo packs that don't have to be refrigerated and we will make chicken salad and have it on crackers. Anyway that is what I did, let me know if you have any more questions.

1 friends had something to say:

Letti said...

Thanks Jill. I am going to do that for my family. I like the idea of eating them on conference weekends too. You come up with the neatest stuff. I wish you lived next door.