Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Question for mommies


I need help from anyone who has any good ideas. Sierra has been off the pacifier for three weeks now. She has started sucking on her fingers. She doesn't have a favorite yet, but she sucking them, not just sticking them in her mouth. This is why I let her have the pacifier for so long. Should I give it back? Should I wait longer and see what happens? How long do I wait? She doesn't suck her fingers to go to bed, it all different times of the day. I could use any words of wisdom.

3 friends had something to say:

Amelia said...

I wouldn't worry just yet...she's probably just so used to that sucking feeling...look at Carys she still sucks on her yellow! haha...just wait a little while to see what happens...maybe two weeks or so??....well, wait for Letti's advice :) she's better at that stuff!! :)

heart nan said...

I agree with Amelia, don't worry. Finger sucking does run in the family. Pretty soon she will only do it when she gets tired and then she will quit altogether. I think finger suckers are so cute. I remember you sucked the same fingers (tall man and ring man), as your mom did. Maybe Sierra will be the third generation. I wonder if you mom is smiling about that?

Jill said...

THUMBS
Oh the thumb-sucker's thumb
May look wrinkled and wet
And withered, and white as the snow,
But the taste of a thumb
Is the sweetest taste yet
(As only we thumb-suckers know).

By Shel Siverstein in 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'