Wednesday, December 10, 2008

GOOD DAY EVERYONE,
Well, What big news do you want to read first, I had a great Thanksgiving up in the mountains just like you all. One of the members in our ward lives up in the Blues Mountains and it was really foggy. We had two non-members and three less-actives. It was great and we had fun just being able to relax and enjoy others company. Oh by the way the pie turned out great but nobody wanted to try it. That was okay with me because I got a whole pistachio pie all to myself. Thanks for the box with the stuff I needed. I was surprised when I was the one that was getting a package because my companion was expecting a package.
Speaking of my companion, we have finally resolved our differences and we are great buds. We finally enjoy one anothers company and are always joking around with one another. It has been the greatest feeling to feel like we have accomplished something great.
So, the big news of the hour... I'm being transferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It came as a major shock to the both of us. I am being transferred to Boardman, Oregon, another small town. I am being transferred into a threesome for three weeks. My two companion's names are Elder Canty (Who goes home in three weeks), and Elder Lunsford (who I am greenie busting, or I am going to be his second companion.) After Elder Canty leaves I become senior companion and I think I was told District Leader. I am a bit nervous about it knowing that it will be my first time being senior companion. Mom, you were mostly correct. I will get you the address next week, after I get to the new area.
Sunday was a really hard day for me because that is when it hit me that I was leaving Milton-Freewater. I have truly grown to love Milton and the members. I was fighting all sacrament not to cry and they had me give a farewell testimony. It felt like leaving home again and I've never felt this sad to leave an area before. I think that Chad and any other missionaries could tell you how hard it is to leave your favorite area. I have loved all my areas but this one was just so much different than the other two and although I will miss certain people in my last areas I will miss all the members in this ward. I am excited to have another great adventure in a new place but I am sad to leave my last one.
A great thing happened this week, we found four new investigators and Norma is still on the straight road to baptism. My companion and his new companion are going to make sure that she stays on date and they should have three or four other people on date this week. I am so happy for my companion and all of the work that we did together with the help of the Lord and the Spirit. It will be great to see what happens to this area after I leave tomorrow.
SO, I am sending home two packages. The smaller package, if you could just put it in storage with the rest of my stuff that would be wonderful. The bigger package, however, needs attention. It has the crockpot that you sent to me because I haven't used it at all and probably won't so I'm sending it home, I saved the box so you could put it back in it. Then I am sending home a special "tree" that I bought when I was in Vancouver, you can set it out if you'd like. Then inside the crockpot I have sent home a video tape, it has my testimony for the Christmas FHE and if you'd be kind enough not to watch it before then it would be great! You will need to find a video camera that takes the particular size of the video if you don't have the right size. I'm also sending home some things that the Wallaces gave to me: Mt. St. Helen's ash, Stone from the construction of the Portland Temple, and elk poop hand soap, if you could put those in storage that would also be nice.
Well, it sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that all are still well. I love you all very much and hope that your holiday season is merry and bright. Remember John 14:27 and that I'll see you in the Lord's own due time, a.k.a less than a year. HAHA...it is kind of sad to think about, but my Spirit's are up.

LOVE YOUR MISSIONARY,
ELDER BRIAN BOWLER

0 friends had something to say: